25 November 2010

Finally making homemade beer again

It has been to long...to...to long. I miss making our own beer. It's like making a baby, you have to work together to get it right, you have to nurture it and keep an eye on it. Except once it is done you can drink it and be merry lol. We like making beer, it's fun to watch the molasses and yeast turn into a yummy beer. This time we are trying a new beer: West Island IPA. The smell is different but then again we just started it a few hours ago....so it's still yeasty. We look forward to the finished product and if it tastes good we plan on buying more. They are only carrying this IPA until the end of December.
Tonight I am making a simple meal, Bruschetta.
I get a small container of cherry tomatoes
A couple of garlic cloves (If you like garlic like me I add a lot of cloves...add to your taste)
A bunch of fresh basil
Some pepper and salt
Half a cup of sun-dried tomatoes
About a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (I eye ball it)
1/4 cup of olive oil
One baguette
Lots of mozz!
I cut of the baguette (whatever shape you want) put it in the oven on broil for 2 min then i add the rest of the ingredients (which have been all mixed up in a bowl), i add the cheese and put it back in the oven on broil for 5 min (little more or less depending on how crisp you like it). Then serve!
Very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment