18 July 2011

Cooking and an outfit post!

The heat and humidity has returned. At least it's making me drink a crap ton of water :).

Yesterday was miserable though, Marc got sick because of the heat and because I realized he hadn't really drank any water :P. Once I got some water in him he felt better. But because of the heat we didn't really feel like cooking, much less eating what we cooked. But we did anyways because I found this recipe online and it sounded yummy.

I forgot to cut the chicken breasts in half so I ended up cooking two big chicken breasts but it gave Marc some left overs to bring to work :).

I wrapped a sprig of rosemary in and then wrapped two pieces of bacon around the chicken (wondering why one piece wasn't big enough until Marc informed me the chicken needed to be smaller :P). Anyways, I then realized I forgot to add the garlic so I sprinkled some garlic salt on top.
Looks good!











Then I stuck 'em on the bbq! Because of the size of the chicken it took a lot longer than the recipe says- 8 minutes per side. I had them on the bbq for at least 30min or so. Maybe my bbq doesn't heat up as fast.
BBQ Goodness










In the mean time we boiled some veggies. When we cut them up to start eating they were soooo juicy. The bacon added a great taste (but bacon adds a great taste to anything!) and the rosemary was a nice touch. The chicken and veggies were the only thing we cooked, we just didn't really feel like eating much in the heat. But it was a nice meal for a hot day, it did not feel heavy in my stomach afterwards.
Yummy!










Today I made a spaghetti sauce but didn't document it because it was hot and I just wanted to get it over with ;). Tomorrow we are heading out to pick up Marcs sister and our niece! It will be nice to see them.


O and I got this dress yesterday:
My hair is a mess and my makeup is trying to escape my face, it is that hot :P













And here are some glamour shots of my babies :):

2 comments:

  1. That recipe looks delicious, but I'd have to bake it or make it on the stove because I don't have a BBQ. It's too hot here to go outside, too.

    Where did you get that dress? I love it!! I'm not brave enough to wear strapless, but I'd love to be able to pull it off. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :). I got the dress here: http://www.1-plus.com/penningtons.htm

    I never shop there, but I had to get that dress lol

    ReplyDelete