31 July 2011

Cooking: Marc and Britney's excellent (pizza) Adventure

The husband insisted on the title.

Tonight we made homemade pizza! I made some earlier in the week but I was angry and on the verge of tears so I didn't feel like documenting it. But I did tonight!

I and no I did not get the job. I have a feeling it's because people think I want some kind of career...in data entry. Even though I am still a student. ANYWAYS.......

The pizza turned out amazing. I am always surprised at how fast it cooks. I buy pizza dough and I thought it would take longer to cook but no I can have the pizza cooking in less than 20 minutes.

First I take the dough and just smoosh it around on the cookie sheet (because I hate using the roller pin)

Dough










I then add the tomato sauce. I buy some because I don't know how to make mine, and it's hot. I don't like to spend a long time in the kitchen when it's hot.

Sauced up

The sauce










Then the pepperoni goes on as well as black olives and mushrooms. We LOVE olives so we put a lot on.

Pepperoni

Black Olives










Mushrooms










The last time we made pizza we put two hot pepper slices on it to see if we'd like it. Well it turned out great so this time we added a bit more :). Some green olives went on after the hot peppers.

Hot peppers










Marc then added the cheese and we put the pizza in the oven!

Cheese!!

Looks good!

Cooking


















We put it in at 450f for about 15-17 minutes. Then Marc puts it on broil for about 2 minutes to brown the cheese. We like a crispy crust so the times can be modified for personal preference. We had some salad (iceberg lettuce, red bell peppers, cucumber, green onions with balsamic dressing).

Done!

Left over salad

Nom Nom

No comments:

Post a Comment