28 July 2011

Cooking: Stir-Fry

I love stir-fry. Well veggie stir-fry, I tried it a few times with pork or chicken and I never really liked it. Poor Marc.

I was supposed to cook this on Tuesday but because of my migraine Marc cooking some pork chops.

With this stir-fry I tried a new sauce. I have tried 2 other sauces but didn't really like them, and I was searching the selves at Metro trying to decide when I came across this:










I was intrigued. It says to use a quarter cup of the sauce for a stir-fry but I found it wasn't enough so I put about half a cup maybe a little more. We like spicy food so it worked for us. I think I will add a little more though, next time. It was a very good sauce.

I use a frozen pack of stir-fry vegetables because I really didn't feel like spending time cutting up the vegetables, they tasted great, I should add. I cook the vegetables in water to soften them up before sticking them in the wok. It takes about 8 minutes or so to get them the way I like.

I then strain the vegetables and stick them in the wok with a little oil.











I fry them a little then add the sauce. Overall I cook the vegetables in the wok for 10-15 minutes. As the those cook I stick some rice noodles in boiling water. They take like 3 minutes to cook so I do it near the end.










Once the noodles are cooked I stir them into the wok with the vegetables and sauce. I only keep the noodles in for 1-2 minutes and then dinner is served!











A yummy, simple and light meal for a hot summer night :).

2 comments:

  1. Oh man does that ever look good!! Might make something of the sort tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making it again this week :) I love that you can add anything to a stir-fry. I think I might try adding some tofu soon.

    ReplyDelete