13 July 2011

Cooking: Pork Chops

Today is a little cooler, yah!

We have managed to cut a lot of meat out of our diet. I will try to only have meat about once a week. Some weeks it will happen twice but I try for one. What really sucks is I can not eat red meat anymore. I know I know, it's healthier but I miss my steaks. I did have one a few weeks ago but I paid for it later.

Today was a simple meal: Pork chops on the BBQ, some boiled veggies and a sauce I found in the pantry.

When I BBQ pork chops I always add some garlic paste and come Montreal Steak Spice. I LOVE garlic paste, it is very strong but oh so good. If I could put it on everything I would. Anyways, I put about a teaspoon or so on each chop and rub it in then I lightly sprinkle the chops with the spice. They then go on the BBQ on high heat for a few minutes at which point I turn it down to medium. I like flames when I cook and I get my hand right in there to flip them (Marc hates it :P). I like my chops to be well done so cooking time varies for mine and Marcs.

For the veggies I just stuck 'em in a pot, boiled them on the stove and then put a little butter on them. The sauce was called White Wine Supreme (Fine Cuisine). I didn't like it all that much, it was too rich for me. But Marc liked it.

I forgot to take pictures of the process so here is the only one: I snapped this right before Marc cut it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment