22 August 2011

Cooking and Rambling post. Lucky you!

First I want to say that I am saddened by the news today on Jack Layton passing away. He left the public eye for a bit this summer to focus on his cancer with plans to return in the fall. Sadly he will not be returning. I do not follow politics, nor I am "In the know" about politics but there was something about Jack that drew me to pay more attention to what is happening in my country. He fought tirelessly about what he believed in, he wanted a better Canada, a Canada where people helped each other. I never met him but, from what I have heard, he was a great guy. In any case, Jack, you had plans for this country that we will never see but I hope the people in your party stay focused and fight for what you wanted. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Ok on to other things:

Today the mother came up to go shopping! It was nice to go out for the day with her and my youngest brother. She bought two VERY nice dresses, once of which I hope she wears soon. We went out to lunch and just browsed stores. I bought sheets, I desperately needed. Also my Old Navy clothes arrived from the States! I bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans...yes this fat ass will be in skinny jeans! They will look awesome with my boots that should be here any day. I also got a shirt, Marc really liked it and told me I should order it. I have to agree with him, it does look nice. Once my outfit is together (hurry up boots!) I will take a picture and give you a peak.

This weekend we are heading up to my moms, Marc hasn't been up there in ages and my youngest brother has been begging me to bring him up. We're only going for the day but we might have my brother up on Labour day weekend, if we don't already have plans.

And now a cooking post about what we had for dinner on Sunday! (not many pictures because I forgot to document it)

I wasn't feeling particularly adventurous but I wan'ted to try something new. I'm not a fan of cream of soups but I wanted to add a sauce to the chicken. So I bought a cream of celery. Anyways the meal turned out great, it wasn't heavy at all but left us feeling pleasantly full.

So I cooked the chicken in the oven on 400 for about 40 minutes. I made sure it was mostly cooked (still very juicy, could use another 10-20 min in the oven) because I wanted to cook the rest of it in the sauce.

I then put some mushrooms (I bought sliced because I was lazy) in a pan, with some oil and red wine. I fried them up and put them to the side.

Once the sauce was hot (I used Campbells cream off so I just followed the directions on the can, I did add a little milk to it) I put the chicken in and let it cook for about 10 minutes. By then the chicken was perfectly cooked and still juicy.

I put the chicken on the plate, fried mushrooms besides it and then the extra sauce on top of the chicken. We had fries with it because we were out of potatoes :P and some salad on the side.

Reminder: My oven cooks fast so always make sure your chicken is cooked well, times vary. I don't want anyone getting sick!

 Mushrooms
Salad








Delicious Chicken











I apologize for the badly (spelling or wrong words used, my usual crappy grammar) written post, I am kinda bouncy and feel like I need to do many things. Sitting still and focusing is very difficult right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment