13 August 2011

Cooking: Yogurt-Zucchini Bread with Walnuts

We got a zucchini from Marcs parents and we weren't to sure what to do with the thing because we don't really like zucchini all that much. The next day I came across this recipe and we decided to give it a try.

I'm not sure I will eat much of it but I have hope it will taste good!

Update: Marc really likes the bread whereas I am not too sure about it. It's not bad but it's not my thing either. However, I would probably make this again, maybe during the holiday season.

First thing we did was shred the zucchini. We used a processor because it's so much faster.












We then roasted the walnuts (I had to restrain myself from eating them all) and then chopped them up a little and let them cool in the freezer.











Then the dry and wet ingredients get mixed and added together with the shredded zucchini and walnuts











We had to use a small cake pan because we still do not have a bread pan (I don't bake bread).










After an hour the bread was baked and once cooled Marc removed it from the pan. It looks great, at least we think so. Marc dived right in and ate a slice, and I wouldn't be surprised if another slice is missing when I go back to the kitchen after writing this lol











Over all, a success!

1 comment:

  1. I love zucchini bread and, like you, I don't much care for zucchini. I also love pumpkin bread, and I think pumpkin and zucchini are in the same family, they're both squash. I don't bake much bread either, so when I do I get foil bread pans. I don't even have a cake pan, for that matter! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete