22 September 2011

Cooking: Hungarian-Style Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce

Well it was cold up here but the humidity has arrived once again...just to piss me off. So for the next few days it will feel like August once again. I do not approve.

Anyways I wanted to make a fast and easy meal tonight. But I was getting bored with what I cook so I decided to try a new recipe. It's from a weight watchers book my mom gave me, I guess she thinks it will help me lose weight but honestly I haven't been impressed by many of the recipes in the book. But this one I was curious about so I grabbed a glass of wine and got to cooking!

I used 4 post chops-recipe calls for 4 1/4 pound ones but I didn't check the weight of mine.
Sprinkle some garlic salt-no more than a teaspoon
Sprinkle of pepper
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 handfuls of spinach (honestly use what you think is enough and what you like)
2 tablespoons of paprika
2 tablespoons sour cream
Chopped dill

I put some oil (I ran out of olive oil so I had to use vegetable oil) in the pan and started cooking the pork chops. I put the garlic salt and pepper on the chops as they cooked.










I cooked them for about 10 minutes on medium-high heat.

Once the chops were cooked I put them aside and added the broth to the frying pan. I then put the spinach in and cooking it all together for about 2-3 minutes.











Once the spinach was cooked I added the sour cream and the paprika. When it was mixed together well I put it over the pork chops and served.











I cooked some left over carrots to go with the meal.


Some of the ingredients.








My carrot situation looks sad, I only had two leftover. Next time I hope to add more :)

Overall, interesting. I will cook this again but I will modify it a bit: Less than half a cup of broth, no spinach. Why? Well we don't like our sauces to be too watery and this one was and I am not a fan of cooked spinach (first time I had cooked spinach alone) and Marc can't eat too much spinach (vitamin K thing).

Here's a picture of the recipe (I didn't follow it exactly but it was close):

No comments:

Post a Comment