02 March 2012

A Couple of Things

First off: We found a new place to live! We have been accepted so now we just wait for moving day! I feel so so happy. It seems to be the perfect place. It is very close to a metro, has a mall close by and many other stores we frequent. It has a working fireplace, air conditioning, a pool and it is within our budget. So now I start planning THE MOVE.

Also this week I found out I passed all my quizzes with pretty good marks. Now I just need to not freak out about midterms, which are after my March break. Yay!

And now onto the main reason I am writing this post:

Lush.

I adore Lush. I remember stopping at the Byward Market store in Ottawa in 2008. I had never heard of them before and the smell coming from the shop drew me in. Over the last few years I have mostly just been buying hand creams, body scrubs and bath bombs. I wanted to try out their face cleansing products but they are expensive so I held off. Two days ago I got a good chunk of change from a family member, so I decided to finally go talk to someone at a the Lush store on St.Catherines street and see what they have for my moody skin.

9 to 5 
This is a cream that removes makeup and cleanses. After two days of use I am in love. I used to wash my face with hot water because after years of trying different face cleansers I was sick of getting rashes, pimples, blotchy skin etc. But when using hot water my face remained blotchy and very dry. I just accepted that I could never have nice bare skin. Well I was wrong. After I wash my face with 9 to 5 my skin feels amazing. No blotchyness (is that a word?), no redness...nothing. I don't even have to put a cream on afterwards as my skin remains moisturized. It is also pretty good at removing my makeup. I only use this at night.
I rub 9 to 5 on my dry face then I take a warm face cloth and wipe away. This combination seems to work for me but there are other ways to remove it. The comments section on the site is very helpful.










Aqua Marina
The woman at Lush recommended this for my dry skin. I am not too sure on it yet, it seems to be doing a good job but I don't know if it's worth the price yet. Although you don't need a lot of it, it is still expensive. I use this in the morning while I am in the shower. I like the smell and I like that it's a paste you rub on your skin. Some people prefer a lather. I haven't noticed anything special yet with it but it's only been two days.










Ocean Salt
This is an old favorite of mine. I have been using this for a couple of years now. I only use this on my body as it is a little rough for my face. It smells amazing, like showering with a margarita, and my skin is so soft after using it. It is probably the most expensive thing I have bought at Lush but it is well worth the price. I freak out when I run out. I highly recommend you buy this.










Lemony Flutter
Use this with the Ocean Salt on your feet and you will have the softest feet in the world. I got this in 2010 and I still have a lot. You only need a small amount wherever you are using this, it is quite greasy. I only use this on my hands, feet, and elbows. Great for very dry skin.









Celestial Moisturizer
I only got a sample of this because I already like the Nivea face cream I have. But so far it hasn't done anything odd to my face like some other creams have. I use this after Aqua Marina in the morning. It smells pretty good and it doesn't leave any residue on my face. The verdict is still out there on this one.









Tonight I think I am going to go buy the Eau Roma Water Toner so help keep my face moisturized during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment