12 December 2012

Oops

So.

I have been gone awhile.

Life got in the way, school happened, work happened etc etc.

So what happened in those 3 subjects up there? Well......

We moved, and spent most of the summer working, visiting people and sleeping. I went from studying to work with no break and I was exhausted. Coming here was the last thing on my mind. OK I know there are plenty of people doing ten times more than just going from exams to work, I don`t even have kids! There isn`t much for me to complain about but for me, in my life, I was exhausted.

Moving on.

I then went from working back to school and this semester has kicked my little BIG behind. I had maybe 2 weeks out of the 15 where I wasn`t running around getting homework and/or studying done. I am currently nearing the end of the finals season (2 more exams !!!) and I plan to A) drink heavily for the weekend and B) Go back to work full-time. I like part "A" more.

In the middle of this insane semester (the teachers were kind enough to remind us that next semester proves to be even worse. Cue tears in 3...2...1) I got a call from my brother informing me that my mums house burned down. Well Shit.

I went from having an OK day to crying for over an hour. When I found out that my mum, youngest brother and the 2 dogs got out with no injuries I proceeded to think about everything material that was in the house I grew up in. All the things my mum and dad spent years collecting, everything from Germany, all the pictures...my dads ashes...all gone. I found out later that his ashes had survived, the urn was burnt but they were intact I was a little happier but everything from him was gone. It`s hard enough having him gone but now there are barely any material things left. My mum was able to find a picture of when they were younger and it helped her a lot. It was one of her favourites.

So where once there was a house there is only a skeleton of wood.

Anyway, as I said, life got in the way.

On another note I have been growing out my hair since August and let me tell you it sucks balls. And not the good kind. I hate it so effin much I want to just shave it off. There is no style (even when I get it "styled" at the hair dressers), I can`t do anything with it. It just sits there and laughs at me. Stupid hair.

Once Friday comes around I hope to be back with little updates, and life stories, and shoe purchases (I have two to show :D).




O and here`s our yearly Christmas card!



2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've been checking on occasion, but sometimes life certainly gets in the way. No worries about that. :)

    Good luck with the rest of your finals. Finals season can certainly be a big pain in the neck. I don't think you've said--or maybe I don't remember- -but what're you studying? I'm sure by next semester you'll be recharged and read to go again!

    I am so sorry to hear about your mom's house. I can't imagine how I would feel in that situation. Sometimes, tragedies like that are so senseless. I'm glad your family and family pets got out okay, and that your dad's ashes were recovered.

    On a final note, I feel for you about the hair. Mine's about mid-back now, but there's always a length that's completely unmanageable when I'm trying to grow my hair out. Very frustrating! Looking forward to seeing the shoes ;) and love the Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually have no idea if I have mentioned it but I am studying to be a Paralegal. I am not 100% sure if I will continue after that to be a Notary but so far the Paralegal program has been good :)

      Delete