23 December 2012

The FALL

2 more sleeps till Christmas! 

I only started getting into the Christmas spirit yesterday afternoon, I was kinda grumpy and all "Bah Humbug" but I realized that I couldn't go see family and be like that. And I had no reason to be such a grumpy person.

I think I was just missing my Dad and my Father in law and knowing that when I say "I'm going up to my Mums to see her for Christmas" I remember that no I'm going up to my great aunts and there is no more family home. But that is no reason to feel like this can't still be a very lovely Christmas. There is still family around, and a warm home and good food waiting!

Tomorrow I head off to work early and hopefully it will be a half day, Marc is meeting me at the office and then we head up north to be with his family :)

Besides holiday talk I got all my grades in and I passed my semester. I even did better than I thought I would. I got 100% on an exam I didn't finish (I don't think anyone in the class finished it), it was a hard and long exam. The class was on research and getting all that done in 2 hours was almost impossible. I really think he made a mistake though, I couldn't have answered all what I answered right and I rushed the case summaries we had to do :P Anyway, that is the news on school. I have a month off (besides working) and then it's back and apparently this coming semester will be a lot harder.

Hold me.

As I said I bought 2 new shoes, well one is a pair of boots. The pair of shoes were bought with one event in mind (and they were on a huge sale :) ) but it isn't till next year so they are just sitting in my closet being pretty. Although I do break them out every so often to walk around in them.

Here they are: 


There are sparkly, 3 or 4 inch platforms and actually pretty comfortable. I do need to put some anti-slip grips on the bottom though as the event is in the winter, and although I will be wearing boots half the time I'm sure I will still slip on some water that got inside or even just slip while standing still. I have mastered that skill! I will post the boots later this week.

Which reminds me, I have had my first fall before Christmas. It's like tradition now, but I didn't break or hurt anything so I suspect another fall is imminent. I fell walking towards the car, there was a couple in front of me and I just went down on my butt. I couldn't stop laughing. My butt was a little sore for a few minutes but I was fine. The couple were like OMG ARE YOU OK??!!!, but once they saw me laughing I guess they figured I was just fine. Leave it to me to fall eh. O and I was actually wearing the proper footwear for a winter storm :P




Have a Happy Christmas with loved ones!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment