30 October 2010

Passed ma midterms! Recipe in post too.

So I passed two midterms so far. Got an 85 (I thought I would fail that one) and an 80. Not bad I say. I have one more midterm left and I get the mark for my word test tomorrow......should be interesting.
Anyways! I went out and me a batman mask, cause i'm cool like that. Apparently we need to dress up on Friday or else pay 5$. I don't mind dressing up and 5$ is not bad BUT  you can't force someone to dress up or to pay 5$ for charity (which I think is just for school purposes). I just think it is all wrong. Anyways, I bought a batman mask anyways because I really do not feel like getting into a spat over it, I wont wear it though until someone says something. Just to see if it's true.
Besides that things are going well, Marcs leg is not swollen or hurting at all. He's been resting it more so it's doing a lot better. School is going well, home life is going well except each day I am closer and closer to getting rid of my calico....well giving her to someone else. I wouldn't but sometimes she just goes to far. Like scratching the box spring in the middle of the night.....constant little scratches.
Marc is cooking supper tonight, he is making a pasta we foung in a cook book my mom gave me. It looked hard so I didn't want to try it but Marc insisted and it's actually really easy :P
Spicy Napolitana Spaghetti

 
2tbsp of olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
a good pinch of fine sugar
2 x 14-oz (398ml) cans of tomatoes
1/4tsp crushed chili flakes, or to taste
14 oz (400g) spaghetti
16 oz (450g) jar roasted red pepper or mixed peppers, drained and sliced
3/4 cup of stuffed green olives, drained and sliced
Parmesan to taste

You fry the onion in some oil, add the sugar and cook for 5 minutes or until just softened. While that is cooking put the can of tomatoes in a food processor or blender to make a puree.
Then you add the pureed tomatoes and the chili flakes to the onion pot and season with a little salt and lots pepper (We don't add salt...at least Marc shouldn't). Bring to a boil, then cook, stirring occasionally over a medium heat so that the sauce boils gently for about 20 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to packaging.
Put the pasta in a bowl and pour the sauce over top. For the roasted peppers and olives we slice them in a food processor and add them on top of the sauce...so yummy. Add your parmesan and you're ready to eat!
This serves 4.
It is from the Readers Digest Weeknight Meals Made Easy book 2009. ISBN: 978-1-55475-022-1. (I shortened the process because I didn't want to type it all out but the instructions are the same in the book just more writing and pretty pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment