28 July 2012

Transformation

First off. Thank you to everyone who helped us move. You guys helped the move go smooth. Also, Nick and Matt, I apologize for the size of my couch and picking the top most floor to move too.

Here is a wonderful picture of the fireplace. I can't wait to decorate it for Christmas.



Work has been going marvellously, my boss trusts me enough to leave me alone for a week. I think I managed not to destroy anything. We'll see on Monday I guess.

So next week I am going somewhere I have never been before, somewhere I have been wanting to go for a long time. The STATES. DUH DUH DUH. heh. No but seriously I have been wanting to go for like ever, and I am an hour away. What the crap!? I am going with a friend and we are staying in Plattsburgh for a night. Her dad paid for the hotel room so that's pretty sweet. There will be pictures! You have been warned.

Last night I did something to myself. A couple of weeks ago I realized that I am sick of being the "should have been a red head red head", I was sick of people thinking I have grey hair when my roots come out (not saying it's bad but it was just my natural blonde, not grey hair) and feeling sorry for me. I was starting to miss my natural hair colour. It has been 12 years since I've seen my blonde hair. The husband dated, engaged and MARRIED a fake red head. He's never ever seen my blonde hair, except pictures but that's not really the same. All the friends I've made in the last few years have never seen my blonde hair. They just think of me as the "should have been a red head red head".

So last night I entered the hair salon with blood pressure rising to max levels (if only I could power up!) and with my really good friend holding my hand as I went through the process. It took like 4 hours to get me almost to a blonde. I'm kinda like a strawberry blonde. There is only so much bleach you can add at once and then your hair just gives up. He dyed it a blonde afterwards to make the colour even. He loved how my hair turned out, Laura loves my hair and most importantly the husband loves my hair. Me? Well I'm still adjusting to it. Now because it's blonde I miss my long hair and really want my hair to grow fast (I started the growing out process 2 months ago).

I have been told my whole life that blonde hair on me looks bad, my natural hair colour does not suit me. So I'm having trouble getting used to the face in the mirror. While the blonde isn't quite my natural colour yet it's a lot closer than the red was! In about a month or so I should be almost at my natural colour. Depending on how this colour grows out I might go back for a final bleaching or I might just leave it. We'll see.

Here are the before and after pictures:














O! This coming Friday the husband and I along with other people are going to check this out: http://www.parcolympique.qc.ca/en/events/1ers-vendredis-les-restaurateurs-de-rue-de-montreal/

I am looking forward to trying a bunch of yummy food and hopefully some good wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment